University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (Little Rock, AR), 2015-2016.
Now at Ohio State University.
Ateka Contractor, Ph.D.
Brown University Medical School Consortium (Providence, RI), 2014-2015.
Now at University of North Texas
Tracey Biehn, Ph.D.
Minneapolis VA Medical Center (Minneapolis, MN), 2013-2014.
Now at St. Cloud VA Medical Center
Kendra Ractliffe, Ph.D.
VA Palo Alto Healthcare System (Palo Alto, CA), 2012-2013.
Now at VA Palo Alto Healthcare System
Jordan Pekevski, Ph.D.
Cincinnati VA Medical Center (Cincinnati, OH), 2010-2011.
Now at Central Texas VA Medical Center, Temple, TX
Ryan Engdahl, Ph.D.
Bay Pines VA Healthcare System (St. Petersburg, FL), 2010-2011.
Now at CentraCare Health, St. Cloud, MN
Jessica (Snyder) Klopper, Ph.D.
Norfolk Regional Center (Norfolk, NE), 2009-2010.
Now at Sioux Falls VA Medical Center
Ariel (Del Gaizo) Laudermith, Ph.D.
Maine VA Medical Center (Togus, ME), 2009-2010.
Now at the Hines VA Medical Center, Chicago, IL
Jamie Naifeh, Ph.D.
VA Maryland Healthcare System (Baltimore, MD), 2007-2008.
Now at Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
Mary Long, Ph.D.
Charleston Consortium Psychology Internship Training Program (Charleston, SC), 2007-2008.
Now at Center for Integrated Psychotherapy, Allentown, PA
Brenda (Lindsay) Nour, Ph.D.
Colorado Mental Health Institute at Ft. Logan (Denver, CO), 2007-2008.
Now at Avera University Psychiatry Associates, Sioux Falls, SD
Andrea (Reeves) Hendricks, Ph.D.
Duke University Medical Center (Durham, NC), 2006-2007.
Now in Independent Practice, Birmingham, AL
Shannon (Baugher) Walker, Ph.D.
St. Louis VA Medical Center (St. Louis, MO), 2006-2007.
Now at OSF St. Anthony’s Health Center
* Dissertations and theses marked with “USD” were conducted at the University of South Dakota.
Advisees Completing an Undergraduate Honors Thesis
- Shawna Brough (2016). Anger and rumination mediate relations between posttraumatic stress disorder and depression symptoms.
- Hanna Wutrick (2013). Prevalence changes for the new criteria for PTSD in DSM-5 among medical patients.
- Megan Miller (2011). Changes in posttraumatic stress disorder's prevalence from using the proposed DSM-5 PTSD criteria.
- (USD) Summer Voorhees (2007). Models of mental healthcare use in primary care patients.
- (USD) Kim Schnider (2006). Trauma, grief and coping.
Advisees Completing a Master's Thesis
- Nicole Christ (2018). Psychophysiological correlates of novel, negative emotional stimuli in trauma-exposed participants with PTSD symptoms.
- Xin Lv (2017). The potential effects that alcohol use and depression severity have on the relationship between posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms and suicidal ideation.
- Brianna Byllesby (2015). The relationship between the latent factors of posttraumatic stress disorder and distress tolerance.
- Tory Durham (2014). Examining the moderating effects of anger between the latent factors of posttraumatic stress disorder and depression.
- Tracey Biehn (2011). Does PTSD’s factor structure differ between veterans with and without a PTSD diagnosis?
- (USD) Kendra Ractliffe (2010). The impact of rumination and behavioral inhibition and activation on PTSD symptom severity.
- (USD) Ryan Engdahl (2008). Querying posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms with or without reference to a single worst traumatic event: Effects on PTSD’s factor structure.
- (USD) Jordan Pekevski (2007). Posttraumatic stress and depression severity as correlates of health problems among medically ill Canadian peacekeeping veterans.
- (USD) Jessica Snyder (2007). Extending the reliability and validity of the Trauma Symptom Inventory in a sample of veterans evaluated for posttraumatic stress disorder.
- (USD) Brenda Lindsay (2005). Predictors of mental health or PTSD service utilization in a veteran sample.
- (USD) Jamie Naifeh (2005). The influence of trauma type on Trauma Symptom Inventory profiles: Military veterans vs. crime victims.
- (USD) Jim Butcher (2004). The effects of financial incentives on fabricating posttraumatic stress disorder using the Trauma Symptom Inventory.
- (USD) Andrea Reeves (2004). Effects of simulating posttraumatic stress disorder comorbid with major depressive disorder on the Trauma Symptom Inventory.
- (USD) Shannon Baugher (2004). Cautioning effects and malingering ability on the Trauma Symptom Inventory.
Advisees Completing a Doctoral Dissertation
- Brianna Byllesby (2017). The moderating effects of emotion regulation strategies on the relationship between PTSD and anger.
- Meredith Claycomb (2017). Cognitive vulnerabilities and comorbid conditions in trauma-exposed individuals: A latent profile analysis.
- Tory Durham (2015). Moral injury and posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms as predictors of hostility and suicidal ideation in combat veterans.
- Michelle Roley (2015). Predictors of the acquired capability for suicide among adolescent childhood trauma survivors.
- Tracey Biehn (2013). Examining the underlying dimensions of posttraumatic stress disorder and major depressive disorder using the proposed DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
- Ateka Contractor (2013). Relations between PTSD and distress dimensions in an Indian child/adolescent sample following the 2008 Mumbai terrorist attacks.
- (USD) Jessica (Snyder) Klopper (2010). Predictors of mental healthcare use among domestic violence survivors in shelters.
- (USD) Ryan Engdahl (2009). A comparison of posttraumatic stress disorder’s symptom structure across deployed and non-deployed Canadian peacekeeping veterans with health-related disabilities.
- (USD) Ariel Del Gaizo (2009). An analysis of the relationships among trauma, posttraumatic stress, health risk behaviors and physical health using the National Comorbidity Survey Replication data.
- (USD) Jamie Naifeh (2008). An experimental examination of methods for linking trauma history endorsements to current PTSD symptom ratings.
- (USD) Brenda Lindsay Nour (2007). Correlates of mental health care use intensity in adult primary care patients.
- (USD) Andrea Reeves (2007). Barriers to and utilization of mental health care among overweight and obese medical patients.
- (USD) Shannon Baugher (2007). Rape myth acceptance and sexual trauma history: An analysis of respondent characteristics.
- (USD) Mary Long (2007). Differences in posttraumatic stress disorder symptom ratings between criterion A1 and non-criterion A1 stressors.
- (USD) Jim Butcher (2007). Malingering strategies used to feign posttraumatic stress disorder on the Trauma Symptom Inventory.